1. Care. The main condition of acceptance of any booking is that good care is taken of the property and its contents and that the place is left truly clean and tidy, as you will find it. This care to include all utensils, crockery, etc.
2. Holidays. To give us as much time as possible to prepare for a comfortable stay, holidays start from 3.30 p.m. on the day of arrival until 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure.
3. A deposit of 50% of the rental is payable to confirm your booking, up to a minimum of £75 total. The balance of rental is payable one month before the holiday.
4. Where bookings are made less than one month before arrival, the full amount of rental is payable when booking.
5. Occupancy. The property is offered for rent only on the understanding that no more than six people shall use it, except by prior agreement. I cannot be liable for any loss, damage, sickness or injury howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to the renter or any member of the party, or any invited person.
6. Dogs are not allowed.
7. Cancellation by property owner. If in the unlikely event that your accommodation becomes unavailable for whatever reason, then you will be informed of this as soon as possible and we will endeavour to find alternative accommodation for you. No guarantee can be given of this. If you choose to cancel, all monies paid to me by you will be refunded to you.
8. Electricity is supplied free of charge.
9. Bed linen and towels (one towel per person, per week) are supplied. Extra towels can be hired in advance.
10. If there should be any cause for complaint or accidental damage this must be reported to me immediately. Otherwise I am unable to investigate the matter fully. It is too late to report the matter after the holiday.
11. The owner of the property, Mr Peter MacDougall, his agents or assistants cannot accept liability for any personal injury or death, damage or loss which may be sustained by the applicant or their property during the period of their stay at 8 Shore, except through his negligence or that of his agents or assistants.
12. Smoking it not permited in the property.
13. Payment may be by cheque or credit/debit card (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta). I do not accept American Express. Credit/debit card details would be taken over the phone during working hours, Monday to Friday, or at other times by special arrangement, or may be sent by letter or email. For late bookings at less than 10 days before the start of the holiday, only credit/debit card payment can be accepted.
14. Bookings can be made by phone or e-mail only. and will be confirmed by e-mail, letter or fax (if available).